Saturday, October 4, 2008

Teaching young children

Teaching young children can be so much fun and rewarding but for me the most important point is that the children have a great time and enjoy themselves so that they associate English lessons with fun and actually look forward to them and want to learn.

Previoulsy I have used the Teddy's train book and CD's but this year I stumbled upon Genki English and after having listened to a few of the Demo's, that I couldn't get out of my head after hearing, I decided to try that this year.

So far so good, I am happy with te download pack I got. It conatains apx 60 songs, which are all fairly easy to learn and have some funky tunes and beats (which the kids seem to love). The owners club (free with the download) allows access to numerous lesson plans and ideas for games, some worksheets (a bit the same) and a forum full of great advice.

I would definately suggest this site for anyone teaching nursery to grade 4.

The link is www.genkienglish.com and please send an email to Richard saying "Everything ESl" you.

Now go and explore that website!

2 comments:

ilie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ilie said...

Hi ,

i like your site , have a good design and helpfull informations , i have a site ider and im asking if you dont wanth to do an exchange link with me , mi site is massmediaus.com

With respect ILIE